Welling United Official Website

— Stadium History

Park View Road has been home to Welling United since 1977 and was the ground of their predecessors Bexley United.
The ground takes its name from a section of the A207 road in Welling  immediately adjacent to Danson Park

Football has been played at Park View Road since the 1920s with a grandstand having been built by the late 1930s. It suffered damage from passing German bombers en route to bomb London in 1940 during World War II.
 It then lay derelict for some years after. This was until a campaign was initiated to reform Bexleyheath & Welling F.C. and crowds soon reached over 2,000.

In 1950, the current main stand, now known as the Graham Hobbins Stand, was built. Crowds continued to rise in the 1960s and so the main stand was enlarged, and covered terracing was increased. By the 1970s, however, the club (which was then known as Bexley United) had fallen on hard times and was forced to fold. Bexley United played its last game in April 1976 in front of 222 spectators.

In 1977, Welling United (who had been playing in nearby Eltham) secured a 15-year lease of the ground which had been left to rot and a fire had damaged the main stand.

Erith & Belvedere F.C. moved into the ground in 1999 after the main stand at their old stadium – also known as Park View – burnt down. The club sold their old site in 2001 and financed the development of the far side of the ground, where their headquarters are now maintained with seats replacing the dilapidated terrace.

Official Partners

Website part of the Touchline network